Finding a good consultant for your nonprofit is as easy 1, 2, 3.
Maybe this hasn’t been your experience in the past, but the project advisors at Trialogue have worked hard to develop a system that takes the stress and guesswork out of hiring the help you need to support your nonprofit’s mission and team.
Below is a brief overview of the simple 3-step process we use to match our nonprofit clients with qualified independent consultants in the areas of web development, video production, graphic design, communications, strategic planning, event management, fundraising, administrative support, and accounting — just to name a few!
- The first step is to schedule a discovery call with one of our project advisors. Every member of our team has 10+ years of experience working in the social sector, which helps us approach every project through a “nonprofit lens.”
Taking your organization’s mission, budget, needs and capacity into account, our project advisors will develop a project scope and job description for your approval.
- Once your project listing is approved, Trialogue shares the opportunity with our extensive network of qualified consultants. The application process takes just a few minutes to complete, since we already have a detailed summary of each consultant’s experience and qualifications on file.
This is something we know our consultants appreciate, as too often the RFP process can be very time consuming which can limit the number of candidates who apply. Then our project advisors do all the work of initial follow up, conducting a first round of interviews when appropriate, and sorting through applications.
- Finally, our team will provide you (the nonprofit client) with up to 3 qualified leads for your project, offering additional information and feedback as needed. Most clients choose to arrange 1-1 interviews with the three top candidates before choosing the best fit for your organization. Once a candidate is selected, then you work directly with the consultant for the duration of the project, only checking back with your project advisor if any concerns or questions arise.
That’s it. Really!
Finding the help you need can be as simple as 1, 2, 3 — but only if you take that important first step of asking for help! Below are a few of the most frequently asked questions we get from new clients, and here is a link to get in touch if you’re ready to get started.
How much do Trialogue services cost?
Our whole team is committed to making this service as affordable as possible — so we only deduct our fees from the total project budget.
For example, if your total project budget is $1000, then that is all you (the client) will pay.
When they accept a project assignment, our contractors agree to invoice and complete the work for your budgeted amount, less a fee of up to 15% for our project advisory and placement services. In the previous scenario, the contractor agrees to complete the work and invoice you for $850. The remaining $150 of your budget is paid directly to Trialogue.
Can I hire a consultant for an ongoing project?
Yes! We are eager for you to have the help you need.
The only difference between one-time-only projects and ongoing work would be the terms of your placement contract. For ongoing projects, we request a fee-for-service based on an initial 6-month commitment.
What kind of consultants are available through Trialogue?
We currently have qualified and approved independent consultants in the areas of:
- Board development
- Event planning
- Administrative support
- Web design
- Software development
- Social media management
- Content creation
- Video production and editing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Communication planning
- Strategic planning
- Impact measurement
- Executive leadership coaching
Is there an area of support you need that is not listed? Contact us. We will be happy to reach out to our network on your behalf.